Monday, November 25, 2013

Contemplating the Stash (Fabric)

We all have tops waiting to be finished.  Melissa from Happy Quilting has some great videos to help you finish up those tops, runners, etc.  She has tips for getting the quilt ready to put under the machine, some applique and then some techniques for you to try.  Can 2014 be the year to finish up UFOs?  Can you believe we are facing a New Year?  Melissa also has a whole bunch of tutorials here .  Everything from ornaments to quilts to blocks.  I love the paper pieced tree, wouldn't it be great for Christmas and make them into pillows.
My list of "wanna makes" continues to grow.  I have started to make my "kits" again in an attempt to use up some fabric in my stash.  The kit is really a pattern or pattern from a magazine that I like, I round up the fabric from my stash and Zip lock it into the bag for future sewing.  When I get a chance to sew, I pull these kits out and start to cut, I might put it away for a while but keep it organized.  Then sew again when I get a chance.  It's helped in the past to get some tops done in this manner.
What are your tips to help get your UFO's done or to make use of our stashes?  Post them in the comments area please!  We could all use some help with our stashes.  Diana

1 comment: