Sunday, November 3, 2013

Trees

As we look through the woods, most of the trees are becoming very bare.  Some trees hold tight a little longer but for the most part, the tree skeletons are showing and so is the lay of the land.  This is one of my favorite times to be in the woods.   All the trunks and branches are exposed and they are certainly lovely and inspiring.  I wanted to scoot around the web and find some tree blocks and quilts as inspiration also.

Hyacinth Quilt Designs has a very pretty scrappy tree that she made.  I love the fact that all the leaves are different.  Here is a photo of a lovely tree with a dark background.  Trees don't have to be tree colors!

This is a picture of a quilt of many trees and look closely, some gnomes.  This is a sweet idea, love the circles.  I'm not sure who to give credit to for this one.  After looking at it closer, I think it's watercolor but couldn't some of these ideas be put into fabric.

Ellison Lane has a cute tree block tutorials.  I think trying out some new colors with this simple pattern would be fun.  I think I might have posted this one before but I come back to Comfort Stitching girl in the tree swing. Craft Passion has this cute little fella singing in a tree branch and it's a tutorial too on this one.

Cynthia Shaffer has a sweet family tree, with tree branch hanger. Here is a picture of Silver Light, a truly lovely tree quilt , just scroll down Juicy Bit's blog and you will find it. The Sketch Book Challenge has a picture of a lovely Tree of Life.  As a final link, here is a page of Denise Miller's lovely bare trees.  The sun is out for a while today, maybe, take a walk and look at some trees.  diana

No comments:

Post a Comment