Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun Stuff

Wow, the Lawn Chair Party sounds fun and I could use a bit of fun right about now!  I love the idea of the "snowbirds" sewing along with us and wouldn't it be great to keep in contact with them with all those Ipads and tablet thingies that everybody got for Christmas.  I bet there's a way we can send pictures of our activities back and forth, worth thinking about...
This Scrappy Trip Around the World has been very popular on the web and looks so cute and a great way to use up that every increasing scrap pile.   Bonnie from Quiltville always has the greatest ideas.
There's a simple Bee Block that I really like at the Bee's Knees of course.  I don't see the instructions but it is a nine patch really, I think it would be great for a theme fabric in the center.
For those of us who have lots of little kids toys underfoot, this great Toy Sack Tutorial is a great idea.  I think it could also be a great way to pack for a "lazy woman", just pull it all up and you're ready to go! Pink Suede Shoe has some other good ideas too.
If you like Moda, you might check out their blog.  They are also sponsoring a Friendship quilt along where designers are providing blocks everyday, it starts in February so put it on your calendar to check back to.
At our meeting on Monday, I will be introducing a Block of the Month if you wish to follow along.  Every month I will bring two patterns for 12" finished blocks that you can sew and then bring for show and tell the next month if you wish.  These are not exchanged, these are your blocks to keep, I think it's just a fun way to introduce new blocks into your quilts.  They will all be pieced, no applique.  I will ask for input as to how many blocks we should make. A full years worth or stop at 16 or whatever a popular size might be?  I'm also hoping that we can discuss some setting options after we get them all pieced.  I know you have great ideas for putting things together.
Stay warm, be careful shoveling snow today and see you on Monday.  Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment