Thursday, January 24, 2013

More Ideas for a Long Winters Night

It's a little warmer outside, I feel definitely giddy at -2 degrees but that's winter and its a good time to dream and plan projects.  LR Stitches has some nice projects to take a look at.  I know those of you who save selvadges would like the Scrappy Selvadge purse straps and I'm up for the potholder which is terribly cute and too nice to put a pot on.  I also love the spool garland, do you save yours or did you just throw them away like I did?  In writing about selvadges, I just learned that there are three ways to spell them, selvadge, selvage and selvege, you pick the way you like it I guess.

I know I've mentioned Stitched in Color before but it's worth checking it out again.  Here is a pattern for using up those large prints that you don't want to chop up too much.  Check out here other patterns too, I love the Herringbone Block, would be a great way to use up scrappy strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment