Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Half Rectangle Triangle Block

Good morning Ladies!  Here is the posting I promised you last night.  You will find much inspiration here to work with the Half Rectangle Triangle.  Below is a video tutorial from Jordan Fabrics using the same technique I showed you last night.


Also, you will find a tutorial  on the same technique that I demonstrated last night from Buttons and Butterflies. She shows several techniques to make the Half Rectangle Triangle, so be sure to scroll down to TECHNIQUE 4.  I printed this one out at first to take to my sewing room with me, so I could refer to it as necessary.  (But that was before I'd seen the wonderful video above!)  Buttons and Butterflies is the designer of the Twizzle Quilt that I had talked about last night, and that pattern can be purchased.
Another idea a I showed you was inserting the square into the center of your diamond shape.  I got this idea from Bonjour Quilts.  She uses a different technique to make the diamond shapes then I showed you last night, so don't be confused by that. (she cuts the rectangles diagonally and then sews them together)  Just scroll down a bit and you will see how she inserts the square into the center of the diamond shape.   I think her block colors and idea for the square in the center is a fun idea. You can get lost in her blog looking at all of her wonderful ideas!
Last but not least I took a few pictures of possible layouts for the block.  Hope you enjoy and are inspired to play with the diamond block a bit!
Laurie








2 comments:

  1. Thanks Laurie, for the wonderful demo last night and all the work you follow for PNQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have seen your demo! Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete