Friday, February 26, 2016

Reverse Applique

February's demonstration was an inspiring one on the technique of Reverse Applique.  Member Laurie P. led us in a hands on tutorial, and also showed us some examples of her work.  Such a talented lady, and what a fun technique.  Some of the benefits, besides that it is absolutely beautiful is that it is a nice portable project and one that can be made with just one color of thread which would match the background color.  I can see that it would take some practice, but could be very rewarding!


 Below I wanted to show you that I finished up the kit that Laurie provided for each of us.  I made it into a needle/scissor case.  Glad that I got it finished up and made it into something useful!  Thank you!  Laurie


3 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there looks like a fun time. I alway enjoy learning something new. Your case looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was a very fun demo, loved it. Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice idea to make the piece into a little case.Looks wonderful. I'm glad you enjoyed the demo.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete