Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Olympic Size Quilting

With the Winter Olympics about to start, you might be interested to know that the "theme" design for the Olympics in Russia is a patchwork quilt pattern.  This press release  by Graphicart News tells the story behind the design. The beautiful designs originating in Russia are very inspiring and I can see how they became a beginning point for further art.  I remember my Grandmother wearing scarfs like the Pavlovsky Posad printed ones and she was half Russian.

I thought this post by Life of Riley was so good.  She showed how she took a photo and a poster to make this wallhanging of a landmark.  Very striking.

Wendy's Quilts and More has some beautiful applique and embroidery in felt. The colorful pieces are so cheery.  Makes me want to do some applique!  Sew today and try something new.  Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment