Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Clotilde

How many of you have ordered from Clotilde catalog?  When my children were young, Clotilde was my place for all things snappy, buttons, zippers, tracing wheels, all the stuff I used for sewing their play clothes.  It was a well used catalog.  The woman behind Clotilde was Clotilde Robison Lampe.  In the 50's, she discovered items that made sewing easier and since she was a lecturer, she started to promote them.  Her Clotilde company introduced us to many many new products and I think her glass head pins are still the best!
She died on November 28, 2011.  I really didn't know there was a "real" Clotilde behind the name of the company until just recently.  Clotilde continues to offer new quilting devices and patterns to us in addition to all the sewing items.  I still love to browse through her catalog and think about all the stuff I could be sewing.  Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment