Monday, October 31, 2011

Feeling Scrappy?

I was digging around in my stash looking for some fabrics I wanted to use in an upcoming project.  Well, I found the fabric I wanted....as well as much much more!  I am speaking of SCRAPS, wonderful versatile scraps!
With the price of fabric these days, as well as the realization that I really do have a lot of nice scraps as well as odds and ends of fat quarters and remnants.  (For a while I was into buying the 3 lb. bags of end of bolt remnants online)  That was all fun, but now I have a lot of little cuts of fabrics that really need to be put to use.
One very nice place to find a lot of neat patterns for scrappy quilts is Quiltville's Quips and Snips .  Bonnie Hunter offers a lot of free scrappy patterns as well as wonderful tips and tutuorials.  Visit this talented, geneous ladies site and perhaps you will become inspired to use up some of those odds and ends that you have laying around.  Perhaps you can turn them into a neat quilt for a veteran?
Feeling Scrappy,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, we should make scrapy blocks and then have a block exchange. Think it would be fun and interesting.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete