Friday, April 22, 2011

Some Weekend Fun

One good thing about a weekend is having a little time to look for new ideas.  Here is a nice place to start.  Karen is a longarm quilter with nice tutorials on the side bar, I especially love the Magic 8 tutorial.

If you want to keep learning go here to PS I Quilt.  Rachel Griffith has many, many tutorials with just a ton of ideas and she also sells patterns.  You will spend a lot of time at her blog just visiting her many projects and her recipes too.  Don't forget the recipes!

Stitched in Color is a very sweet blog with great projects and tutorials.  She has a wonderful idea called Bottled Rainbows which is based on Ticker Tape Quilts.  The idea is to use up scraps.  Her Love Pillow is sweet and how to miter, her Christmas Tree Skirt and ColorBrick quilt are great too.   A lot to see.

DawnHay Designs is a wonderful place.  She offers free patterns and there are a couple I really need to make, the Peaches and Cream Doily is so cute and the Crisp Delight table centerpiece.  You will also love her Christmas projects with embroidery and her chocolate cake embroidery, too sweet. 

I have more but will put them on later.  I am thinking of making a separate page with links to all these wonderful places so we can go back and visit a lot.  What do you think?  Besides, I'm afraid I'm having do overs on some of these places so bear with me.  I hope you enjoy visiting these places and leave them some encouraging comments too.  They are so generous to share their ideas.  Diana

2 comments:

  1. That Ticker Tape Quilt looks neat...use up your scraps and quilt your quilt at the same time you're sewing it! Can't beat that.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for referring my blog to your readers.
    i will be adding anther tutorial in the next.

    Karen
    :)

    ReplyDelete