Sunday, March 6, 2011

Beauty In Unexpected Places

Your "wandering president" has returned from her travels to North Carolina.  I was able to check the blog along the way to see what was happening while I was away...was even able to leave a comment.  It was nice to be able to stay updated and in touch that way.  I had a nice time and the scenery was wonderful, and even worked a couple quilt shops in along the way, as I couldn't just quit my quilting "cold turkey"!  Besides my planned "quilt fixes", I also found quilts in some unexpected places...we stopped into a neat place for a lunch in Beaufort, N.C. called Clawson"s.  The restaurant is located in what used to be an old 5 & 10 cent store. 



To my delight hanging from the ceiling was little antique quilt show!  I thought of all of you, and wanted to share it with you when I got back home!  It was a pleasant surprise to find these beauties.




What a lovely stained glass window; a fitting backdrop for these lovely treasures!


                                             

I especially liked this ship quilt, as the town of Beaufort is located right on the Atlantic, and has a rich history involving shipping, and Blackbeard himself!
May you find beauty in unexpected places!
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Laurie, what a nice surprise and find. Sounds like you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete